Both male and female candidates can join Indian Air Force( Technical Branch) after their engineering (Btech and BE). Mainly there are two branches for which the student can apply for after his Btech or BE. The first one is Aeronautical Engineering Electronics branch and the other one is the Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical branch. The Electronics branch deals with signal and communication stuff while the Mechanical branch has to take care of the maintenance, servicing and other engine related tasks.
Eligibility criteria for joining the Indian Air Force:
18 to 28 years (At the time of commencement of training)
Branches in Btech / BE: Electronics,Tele-communication, Electrical, Electrical Communication, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Computer Science & Engineering
Salary Range: approx. 17000 along with benefits and various allowances.
Percentage in Btech / BE:
60% or above
Time for Recruitment Notice: Twice in a year (around March and September).
The detailed information is provided by the Employment News or Rozgar Samachar newspaper.
Steps for Recruitment:
Engineering Knowledge Test also known as EKT
Once the students are able to clear the EKT step, they receive a call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi or Mysore where they have to clear an array of tests specifically crafted for assessing Officer Like Qualities – OLQ of the candidates.
The test lasts for 5 days
Day 1: Intelligence and Psychological Tests
Day 2 and 3: Group tasks involving field events and physical activities.
Day 4: Interview
Day 5: Conference day where all the different assessors sit together and discuss the abilities and performance of candidate in order to check whether he is to be recommended or not.
Those students who successfully complete these steps have to appear for the medical examination.
Lastly, a merit list is prepared and joining instructions are provided to the successful candidates by the Air force Head-Quarters.
General Schedule for OLQ tests
Common Selection Procedure in Indian Air force
- Indian Air Force (IAF) as Aeronautical Engineers after engineering| Electronics and Mechanical Branch Engineers
- IAF Indian Air Force | Looking for BE/ BTECH Engineers | Government Jobs | September 2010 | Date: 25th, 26th, 28th September and 3rd October 2010.
- Tech Mahindra Off Campus Recruitment Across India for 2009/ 2010 passouts | Last Date 28/1/2011
- Indian Air Force | BE/ BTECH Required as SSC Officers | Government Jobs | September 2010 | Last Date: 4 October, 2010.
- Join INDIAN AIR FORCE as Flying Pilot | SSC Officer Jan2011 Entry | Last Date 6th April 2010 | Job In Indian Airforce for Btech graduates | public sector job opening
This post was written by Neeraj