The Shipping Corporation of India : Trainee Marine Engineer vacancy | Government Job | April 2010 | Mechanical Engineers/ Naval Architects recruitment
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd is A Government of India Enterprise and is Inviting application from Unmarried Male and Female Graduate Engineers for Recruitment as Trainee Marine Engineer.
Important Dates :
- Last date for receipt of applications : 30th June 2010 – 1700hrs
- All India written examination : 01st August 2010.
- Commencement of training : 01.01.2011
Candidate should possess a Degree in
Mechanical Engineering / Naval architecture from AICTE Approved Engineering college. Any Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives are not acceptable. Candidates must be in possession of valid degree in engineering certificate with minimum 50% marks in final year of engineering and should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth.
Age Limit : The Maximum age of the Candidate should be 28 years as on 1st January 2011.
Medical Standards :
Candidates applying for the above post must have good health and should be fit for sea service as per existing MS medical rules 2000 applicable to sea farers.
Candidate should pass Mercantile marine personality evaluation test (MMPE), to be conducted at D. G. Shipping nominated centers i.e. M.T.I. & L.B.S.CAMSAR Mumbai, Meri Kolkata, NIPM Chennai MMD Kochi and MMD Noida.
Eye Sight : Candidate must have good health and eye sight in general. Candidates who suffer from colour vision (colour blindness) are not accepted.
Duration of Training & Course Fees :
The training of the selected candidates will be for a period of 12 months and fees are approximately Rs.3,00,000/- at present. Candidate need to pay for these fees directly to the training institute. These fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part.
Application Fees :
Candidates who want to apply for the above post have to pay Rs 1000/- for General & OBC candidate’s 500/- for SC & ST candidate’s through Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of : The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, Mumbai)
Job Prospects :
After completion of training and obtaining MEO CLASS-IV PART “A” certificates of competency the candidates will join as junior (fifth) Engineer in ship owned or operated by SCI, and will be made permanent after candidate report with MEO CLASS-IV PART “B” certificate. After obtaining necessary sea experience and higher certificates of competence the candidate can rise to the rank of Chief Engineer officer in the ship.
Application Procedure :
Candidates are requested to send their Applications complete in all respect are to the ED/Sr.Vice President (Fleet personnel) Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Shipping House, 245 Madam Cama road, Mumbai – 400021.
- Mechanical Engineering jobs |July 2011 |Shipping Corporation Of Indian Limited (SCI) | Govt job
- SCI Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. | Govt. Jobs | June 2011 | Trainee Marine Engineer Vacancy | Apply Online Up to: 15 July, 2011.
- Marine Trainee Engineer job opening in APB Ship Management Kolkata | BTech, BE(Marine, Mechanical) required as Marine Engineer Trainee.
- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd | Govt. Jobs | Graduate Marine Engineer | Apply Online Up to: 11 August, 2014.
- The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd: Recruiting BE/ BTECH (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture) | Government Jobs 2010 | Last Date: June 30th, 2010
This post was written by Lalit Joshi