NBCC was incorporated as a Public Limited Company in November, 1960, as a wholly owned Government of India Enterprise under the aegis of the Ministry of Urban Development. Beginning with a turnover of INR 52,000, the Corporation, over the years, achieved many milestones in its operation and has posted a turnover of INR 2982 crore as at March 31, 2010 ranking itself as the number one PSU construction company of the country.
WAPCOS Limited is a “MINI RATNA” Public Sector Enterprise under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Water Resources. Incorporated on June 26th, 1969 under the Companies Act. 1956, WAPCOS provides consultancy services in all facets of Water Resources, Power and Infrastructure sectors in India and Abroad. With recent amendment in its Articles of Association, WAPCOS has geared itself to provide Concept to Commissioning services for developmental projects across the globe.
Malkangiri District is named after its headquarters town, Malkangiri. During formation of Odisha Province in 1936, Malkangiri was a ‘Taluk’ of Nabrangpur sub–division of Koraput District of Odisha. In 1962 it was upgraded to a subdivision of Koraput District. The present Malkangiri got its identity as an independent district due to reorganization of districts of Odisha as per a notification on 1st October, 1992 and with effect from 2nd October 1992.