Customers throughout the world choose Elliott for the design, manufacture and service of their critical rotating equipment. Elliott supplies and services turbomachinery for the full spectrum of oil and gas, refining, LNG, petrochemical and other process and power applications. Elliott’s global service network routinely installs, overhauls, repairs, upgrades and rerates machines from any manufacturer. Customers everywhere turn to Elliott for precision engineering, extraordinary reliability and unparalleled service.
Field Service Engineer
Education: BE/ BTECH (Mechanical) from a recognized University.
- Individual should have a mechanical aptitude for machinery and ability to read and understand drawings service bulletins product transmittals service reports and other service related reports or memos
- Individual should also possess a good working knowledge of control theory and electrical components as well as a strong background in thermodynamics for rotating machinery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acquire an understanding of Elliott organization product lines procedures service facilities manufacturing facilities and methods.
- Performs service engineering assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and experience.
- Assignments will require application of engineering theory standard techniques procedures and criteria.
- Witness the conduct of pressure test of equipment and apparatus.
- Supervise and provide technical advises and instructions to customers, subcontractors, workers in trouble-shooting repair and maintenance installation and testing work which may include manual or technical hands-on intervention work (up to 40% manual can be expected when handling or installation of critical equipments).
- Assists other Field Service Engineers in resolving technical matters pertaining to installation start-up operation and maintenance problems.
- Makes personal visitations to customers and equipment installations primarily for training or to obtain first hand information when trouble exists.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure prompt and effective problem resolution of reported field troubles.
- Initiates Service Authorizations when required and informs supervisor of status.
- Investigates collects consolidates and composes reports on product reliability and issues Product Trouble Reports.
- Prepares memos reports Service Engineering Bulletins or Technical Service Memorandums on assigned subjects for the purpose of keeping field service/sales current on developments.
- Prepare and review assigned write-ups for technical manuals.
- Develops and/or presents assigned programs for training.
- Programs may be for Elliott personnel or customer personnel either in the field or at headquarters.
- Makes required service reports promptly and complete noting particular instances with dates and names of persons connected with these events.
- Promotes customer good will through effective communication and cooperation with customer's personnel.
- Assists in resolving Elliott's liability in failure claims or checks validity of customer's claims