The district of Nadia is situated in the heart of the Bengal delta held within the arms of the Ganga, namely, the Bhagirathi on the West and Mathabhanga on the North. The entire district lies in the alluvial plain of the Ganga and its tributaries. Most districts in West Bengal take their name from the headquarters station of the district, but Nadia district takes its name not from Krishnagar, the headquarter but from Nadia or Nabadwip hallowed by the memory of Lord Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu who was born here on 18th February, 1486. The British district of Nadia was formed in 1787.
Memo No. 961/Dev
Education: BE/ BTECH (Civil) from a recognized University.